SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

FT Millennium Flerken

Started by RaincloudDev, Jan 09, 2023, 11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaincloudDev

This is the official build thread!
Welcome To Camp Raincloud!!
Hi! I'm RaincloudDev and I'm pretty much a big deal around here.
YouTube@CampRaincloud

RaincloudDev

I have one and ima build it! It's sitting on the slot car table right now awaiting some hot glue and a little bit of love. She's a hell of a build already! I had to back up a bit so I didnt be all flusterd.

(theres a lot going on right now lol)
YouTube@CampRaincloud

RaincloudDev

I've mostly completed the Millennium Flerken! The main build portion is complete, I just need to set up the servos and motor. The motor needs to be glued in and control horns need to be installed.

During the build I noticed some areas of the Flite Test Build Video that weren't exactly clear, or caused issues later down the line. The primary concern here is that in the build video, the tail is installed before the elevons are cut out, making it difficult to make the bevel cut as described. These are minor details, of course. I had a blast building this airplane and I am extremely excited to get it in the air.

Now that she's built, it's time to think about paint! I've decided to outfit this model as the Sukhoi Su-47 Berkut. This is decision was based purely on how cool I think it looks. I located decals on a forum that I will link below. OP created them from a set they found that were out of focus due to a printing error. Stellar work, I say! I will be creating a Flite Test Millennium Flerken version of these decals should all go well. Once the basic design is layed out in gimp, I'll begin the design process to nail down dimensions. After all that, we'll get the vinyl cut and slap em on the Flerken!
YouTube@CampRaincloud

RaincloudDev

YouTube@CampRaincloud

RaincloudDev

I designed some layouts last night! The decals  look great, and I'm not sure I'll need to change much. Check it out!

YouTube@CampRaincloud

RaincloudDev

There She Goes

Today I finished programming the mix settings for the Flite Test Millennium Flerken and gave her a spin around the old workshop. (I held it in my hand and spun around at 10% throttle.)

It's finally time to find a spot and take her flying! It might be time to work more on the Wilga while I'm waiting for a field day.

FTM Flerken Maiden Test
YouTube@CampRaincloud